Sunday, August 17, 2008

A MUSICAL PARODY

Welcome to an opera blog. This is a musical version of the blog, if you were wondering. Get ready to sing along. The music can be found in the Children's Songbook if you need help with the tune. (numbers in parenthisis will indicate page numbers in the songbook) HAVE FUN!

"Good Things Utah on Tuesday"
(Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam - pg. 60)

Lisa was on television
to celebrate her birthday.
The ladies were full of "Good Things"
to show and read and say.

On T.V., on T.V., she was waving and smiling on T.V.,
On T.V., on T.V., they showed her for her birthday.

"Sprinklers"
(Popcorn popping - pg. 242)

I looked out the window and what did I see?
People sleeping out on the trampoline!
The night brought us all such a nice surprise,
when the sprinklers came on right before our eyes.

I only took a second to grab my stuff,
The tramp was wet and I'd had enough!
We made it through the night,
With mosquito bites,
When we slept out on the trampoline.

"Friday Fun"
(In the Leafy Tree Tops - pg. 240)

On this Fun Friday, we started by swimming.
There were some great back flips,
It was a neat day trip,
Mark could join the party, because he works 4 tens.

"Surly"
(When we're helping - pg. 198)

When we're laughing we're happy-
Brian Regan made sure.
That we heard funny jokes
And our stomachs were sore!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha,
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

"A Midnight Run"
(For Health and Strength-pg.21 - grab your friends and sing this one in a round)

At midnight we laced up our shoes and ran a fun 5K.
We ran up hill and beat our times, the moon showed us the way.

"Es My Birthday-Feliz Cumpleanos"
(Your Happy Birthday-pg. 283)

Today is such a special day
It's birthday time for me.
I came home to a big surprise
Balloons up to my knees!

Strawberry pie and party hats
A burger from the grill.
A trip to Logan is what's next,
Thirty-eight's a big thrill!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Honestly, it almost hurts MY feelings that there are no comments on this post. HELLO?! This has to be the most clever in the history of the blog world ;) I've read it a few times now (I won't say how many for reals...) and I enjoy singing along each time! All of this happened in one week? How is it possible?? :)

Jen said...

So cute! Wow - I am impressed! I turned on GTU just in time to see you. So I quickly hit rewind and then recorded it for the family to see next time they are at my house. Happy late Birthday!