Sunday, August 3, 2008

All Camped Out

For those of you that follow this humble little blog, you will have noticed that I have not had a chance to update it for a few weeks. Thankfully, it is because I have been having so much fun.

The past two weeks have been a lot of work in getting ready for camping trips. Our first camping adventure was as a family and with our friends. We spent 4 wonderful days in the Uintah Mountains over the 24th of July holiday. This was my first time taking the trailer out and getting it set up without Mark's help. I am happy to report that a bunch of girls can sucessfully set up a camp- we are so good! Once the work was done, we spent our days playing card games (UNO was a huge hit), taking little hikes, eating lots of yummy food, hanging out late by the fire and Avery's favorite highlight: visiting the "stinky potty". It was a great way to relax and enjoy the holiday.

We returned home on Sunday evening and I was to leave for Girls Camp on Tuesday. That didn't leave me much time to get ready. Monday was dedicated to packing, shopping and preparing food for Girls Camp. All I can say is: thank goodness for little helpers! I honestly don't know how it all got done in one day!

Girls Camp was amazing, as ususal. I know that I was only there in the capacity as Camp Cook, but what a blessing it was to be a part of that experience. I will continue to lobby for that position because I love to be with the Young Women in our ward. They are so much stronger in the gospel than I was at that age.
The weather was really hot, our camp spot had no shade, and it was a week of work, work and more work. But I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

Now I know that you would think that I would be completely content to stay at home since I have been away so much. But, that is not the case. I was home from camp for 4 hours and then I was off to my next activity.
It was my friend Michelle's birthday and we celebrated by attending a Peter Breinholt concert and spending some time in Park City riding the Alpine Slide and new Alpine Coaster. It was very exhilirating! Eating some delicious Mexican Food, watching movies, bowling and an ice cream cone were also included in the festivities. When I asked Avery what her favorite part of that day was, she said: "I beat YOU Mommy at bowling!" That's what being a mom is all about! Keeping the kids happy.

I am trying to get caught up on my sleep and get back into the groove of being the mom again. It doesn't take long, believe me. Although I have to say that Mark does an excellent job of running the show while I am gone. I better be careful, because he might prove that he is a better mom than I am!

Just a little update on the kids:
Mason has almost finished his summer pe. Thursday is his last day and I think he is looking forward to being able to sleep in again. Even if it is only for a few more weeks.

Evan has spent a lot of his time doing odd and end jobs for Mark and I so that he can earn some fun money for a cap gun that he is dying to buy. This is a win-win situation. I get the help that I need and he ends up with what he wants too.

Avery has had quite the social agenda this summer. She is definitley had her fill of fun. She has had sleepovers, done painting projects, found a love for stamping, and played her little heart out. She better know how lucky she is to have so many people catering to her every wish. She did get a bit alarmed today when she realized that we had started into the month on August. She is very aware that this is the month that school starts again. I had to remind her that we were at the very beginning of the month and that she has plenty of fun days left. She was okay after that - at least for now anyways.

We hope that all of you are finding the time to enjoy yourselves as much as we are. Please know how much we love you and wish that we could spend more time together. Thank goodness for email and telephones. I would really be in world of hurt if we couldn't at least talk to each other.
I hope that wherever you are and whatever you are doing, you are thinking of us. Because we are thinking of you too!

Have a great week-and don't forget to leave us some comments!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Quit having fun!! Seriously Avery has no idea how good she has got it. She is one lucky gal!! Thanks for always making your posts so fun to read. I miss you guys.
Lindsey