Sunday, July 6, 2008

Running around in circles

Hello to all my friends and family! This week was dedicated to getting ready for the Layton 5K fun run. Who knew that running every day could be so.....monotonous, but fun!

Our day started at Ellison Park-around 8 am- where Michelle, Jodi and myself would run (and walk a little)around the mile track 3 times. Mark joined our group on Thursday and then we were doing the real deal on Friday. We are seasoned runners now. Not only did we do the run on the 4th of July, but we are thinking of doing several more 5K's before the summer is over. There's no stopping us now!

After the run, Mark made us really yummy blueberry flapjacks for breakfast and then we went to the Layton parade, where Avery was more concerned about how much taffy she could get her hands on than the actual parade.

The afternoon was spent at Grandma Janet's. We had a great time visiting with family, eating and playing fun games that Aunt Marilyn brought. Avery fell asleep on the way home, so we didn't go see any fireworks, but we did put on our own little sparkler/snap show at home. It's the little things in life that bring us so much joy!

For those of you that are fans of tennis, you will probably agree with me when I say that this week was an incredible week for the watching of the greatest game on earth. Thank goodness for the DVR. Otherwise , I might have made a permanent indentation on the couch! The men's final will go down as the best final I've ever watched. Way to go Rafael Nadal!!!!!

It was hard to come home from my great vacation, but because I got to spend so much time with my friends and family, it was bearable. Our days were filled with many fun and exciting activities. Some of the weeks highlights were: A Family Home Evening barbeque/Yogurt Stop night, swimming in Morgan, a visit to The Wood Connection and Quilted Bear, eating the best sugar cookie ever(crumbs and all), helping the YW sew their camp pants and just being with family and friends.

I have lots of painting projects to look forward to now, and I am going to have to keep up on my running, but all in all, the coming week will be dedicated to doing whatever. That's a nice feeling. Just being able to enjoy the summer and take each day as it comes.


Here's a wish to all of you to have a great week-I know that we will do our best to do the same. Love to all of you! Until next week......

No comments: