Monday, July 14, 2008

July - up and running

I can't believe how quickly the month of July is passing by. But in looking back, we have had some great days filled with lots of fun activities.

This past week, the boys have really been into tennis. They have spent many hours at the courts playing with each other and their friends. It has become a big deal in the neighborhood-the word got around quickly and so many kids wanted to play that Mason had to put together a sign-up sheet so that everyone would be able to participate. I believe they even had a tournament at the end of the week.
It will be a little quieter this week because Mason and all his buddies have gone to Scout Camp. But I'm sure that Evan will try to keep it going-he already has a court date set up for this morning.

Last week was a good week. I did a little running, went to the temple, played a couple of softball games, went to lunch and a movie with the kids and my friends, moved some stuff into a storage unit :), we all rode the train (FrontRunner) to Ogden with Grandma Janet, saw some old trains, had lunch at the Union Grill, visited the Parade of Homes, and to end the week, we attended Parker's baptism. Whew! It sounds like we were pretty busy when it's all written down like that.

The days seem to come and go so quickly-I can't believe that the summer is almost half over. It's been great to be able to do so many fun things with the kids and our friends. I hope that when the summer is over, we will be able to look back and be happy with how we spent our time together. I know that we will have lots of good memories. The older I get, the more important my memories have become to me. I think I'm turning into a softie. Who would have thought!

We send our love to you and hope that through the difficulties that life throws at us, we can still remember how to stay centered in the gospel, how wonderful it is to be part of a family, to be here on this earth where we have the opportunity to learn and grow and most importantly to be loved.
Have a great week!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Phew...So glad you clarified which train you rode up to Ogden last week. I was wondering if the Heber Creeper had a route through there...I guess not :)
Sounds like you had a great week... Very fun pictures!

Jodi said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer! Thanks for letting us be a part of the fun!