Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Birthdays, Basketball, Biking, and Boxes

This is the week of the B's. We started the week with Evan in a week long basketball camp at Davis High School. He learned alot of "sweet moves" and got his first experience with playing shirts and skins. He was a "skin" all week. This was a thrill of course because he has some serious muscles that he loves to show off!
*********************************************
Evan also celebrated his 10th birthday. He received many gifts, but his favorites were a juggling set from Grandma Janet and a webkin dog from Papa Kent/Grandma Chris named Coco. We had a fun party equipped with food, fun and lots of laughing.
*********************************************
I rode in the annual Little Red Riding Hood Bike Ride that was on Saturday, June 7th, in Cache Valley. In years past it has been held on warm, sunny days. This year was a new experience. I think that Mother Nature wanted to treat me to all kinds of weather that day. Rain, hail, wind, clouds and very little sun. The temperature was only 40 degrees at the 8:00 am start. Brrrr.
The best part of the whole ride was reaching the end and realizing that I had my own little cheering section waiting for me. I knew that Mark would be there, and I was excited to see him, but what a great surprise to find my dear friends Michelle and Jodi waiting there as well. They brought me all sorts of "red" treats in a red bag and we celebrated the completion of the ride with dinner at the Bluebird Restaurant in Logan. It was awesome!
*********************************************
Last, but certainly not least, this is the week of the big move. I have spent many hours helping my mom get ready for her big move to Florida. By Saturday, the truck will be packed, the house will be empty and life in Clinton, Utah will come to an end. I have mixed emotions about this. While I am excited for my parents to begin a new adventure, I am really going to miss them only being 10 minutes away and being able to see them whenever I want. Which is why I have started this blog. I want to make sure that all of my family feels like they are a part of our lives, whether they are 10 miles away, or 3,000. We will miss you!
*********************************************
Have a great week everyone! We love you all and are so blessed to have so
many wonderful friends and family members.

No comments: