Sunday, October 26, 2008

U.E.A. - Utahn's Entering Anaheim



Have you ever dreamed of waking up before the sun even thinks of shining, boarding an airplane and flying to California where you will have continuous fun for 5 straight days? Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?
Well,this dream became a reality for me on October 16th when I spent the UEA weekend in San Diego and Anaheim, California with my peeps.
We visited Old Town San Diego, Sea World, The San Diego Temple, Disneyland and California Adventure. The weather was perfect as was the company in which I was with.

There are so many highlights from the weekend, but I was very excited to be able to visit the San Diego Temple. As we were driving past it, I got goosebumps. It truly is an awesome structure, and so beautiful inside.

Disneyland was unbelievable! I loved the way that the park was decorated for the Halloween season. The Haunted Mansion was all decked out and I can't believe how much work goes in to making the park so festive. It was very busy, but we seemed to work the system well and were able to ride everything that we wanted to. Of course the roller coaster in Californina Adventure was incredible(especially riding in the front row), but Space Mountain will remain my favorite ride. Did you know that it is possible to sing a song the entire time that you are on that ride?
Lunch at the Blue Bayou was delicious-I highly recommend it, eat the Monte Cristo.
The parade, eating ice cream and watching fireworks, cinnamon bears, Jo-Jo's and riding Splash Mountain 2x in a row added to the excitement of the trip.

We had a great time and it was a much needed break from school life, but it was hard to go back to work after spending so many days away from real life.
Thanks ladies for a wonderful vacation!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally stole your slide show. Just FYI. :)

Jodi said...

Love your slide show. Thanks for putting in on your blog so I have something to remember the vacation by!